Measuring principles for level detection / level measurement
Level detection is to used to measure a predefined fill level, and continuous level measurement is the continuous checking of the level of the medium in a silo or a hopper.
The different measuring principles which are used in the field of level measurement technology are explained here in detail. The second link will take you directly to the corresponding product series.
|Bulk solids||Rotation||Rotonivo® Rotary paddle switch|
|Vibration||Vibranivo® Vibrating fork|
|Mononivo ® Vibrating rod|
|Capacitive||Capanivo® Capacitive level switch|
|RFnivo® Capacitive level switch|
|Liquids||Capacitive||RFnivo® Capacitive level switch|
|Conductive||Kondunivo® Conductive level switch|
|Interface measurement||Vibration||Vibranivo® Vibrating fork|
We set standards in quality, reliability, accuracy and ease of use and offer our customers customised solutions for your process conditions.
The selection of a suitable measuring principle for level measurement for your specific application is defined by several factors:
- Do you need point level measurement or a continuous content measurement?
- Where is the most appropriate position for the sensor in the container?
- What range should the sensor have in the application?
- What forces is the level sensor going to b e exposed to?
- Which medium is to be measured? Factors such as bulk density, abrasion, adhesion, bonding, grain size, moisture resistance, etc. must be considered.
- What temperatures and pressures is the sensor exposed to?
- What approvals should the level indicator carry for your application?