With the following products our customer has solved this measurement task optimally:
Interface measurement of sludge in water
The government of Belgium required a continuous level control for ablated sand in harbour basins. With the help of special dredges the harbour basins are regularly cleared from sand which is conveyed on the ships. The particular challenge is to find a measuring system that on the one hand can withstand the very aggressive conditions and on the other hand delivers precise measuring results. After a testing period that compared three suppliers, the UWT NB3 interface solution convinced the customer in the end.
With the special lot system NB 3300 for interface measurement could fulfill the requirements of the belgian government for precise measurement and corrosion resistance in salt water. The weight was specially adjusted for the surface of the sand in water in order to get a measurement accuracy of 1cm. Each part that tangents the aggressive salt water are rather coated with a special material or have been produced with a corrosion resistant material.
NB 3300 Rope Version
- Suitable for the continuous level measurement of sludges and solids in liquids.
- Continuously reliable measurement results.
- Flange mounting.
- Measuring range up to 30m.
- Version with improved corrosion resistance for chemical and salt applications.
- Sensitivity adaptable depending on sediment density.