With the following products our customer has solved this measurement task optimally:
Nivoradar in plastic storage silo
Our customer a packing producer in Domenican Republic needs to control a 10 meter silo with plastic granulated. The environment has dust in air and the material low dielectric. Keep the process clear without elements inside the silo was very important in order to reduce the risk of material contamination.
In this case the most suitable solution was the non-contact level transmitter, Nivoradar 3100 with 78Ghz frequency and signal response of ca. 10 seconds, it was possible a reliable signal output even though the dust and low material dielectric. It is a non-contact Radar and this feature fulfils perfectly the need of non-contamination risk. The beam angle of 4º degrees was also important to the accuracy in a 10 meters silo.
- 78GHz FMCW-Radar Level transmitter
- Suitable for use in almost all solids
- Fixed flange and adjustable flange option
- Measuring range up to 100m
- Connection to our user-friendly visualisation systems Nivotec 3500/4500 possible using 4-20mA signal