With the following products our customer has solved this measurement task optimally:
SLS3000 tape version since 15 years in plastic granular
A customer in Norway was looking for reliable level measurement sensors for his 15m high storage silos. The solids he stores there are different plastic regranulars with a low permittivity. The customer tested different measuring principles like TDR, free radiating radar, laser, load cells, but he didn't find anything that worked reliably in the long term.
The solution was an electromechanic level sensor SLS3000 in a tape version. In this application the sensors are maintenance free. They work independent of dk value, dust, humidity, changing temperatures, etc. The sensor has an integrated tape cleaner. This keeps the mechanic chamber free of pollution. The measuring range of this sensors can be 50m.
Since 15 years now the units works fine and the customer is very satisfied about it.
NB 3200 Tape Version
Continuous Level Measurement
- Suitable for use in most bulk materials.
- Integrated tape cleaner to remove aherent materials.
- Mounting with threaded or flange connection.
- Measuring range up to 50m.
- Convenient level monitoring via Modbus interface together with cost competitive Nivotec 3500/4500.